Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What's better than one ginormous Scarface towel? Multiple ginormous Scarface towels!



As our bus pulled up to Jay St. I took note of a giant sign - "BEACH TOWELS 3 FOR $15" and one of them was the iconic image you see to your left. Man, if I hadn't been weighed down with a good chunk of worldly goods to go sell so that the check I wrote didn't bounce, you can bet I would be on that.

While I have an entirely un-ironic love of hip hop, my interest in Scarface is less than pure. I find the movie to be hilarious and I aim to understand the rap cross-over appeal. But at any rate, you can bet that I would totally be on that sale.

But back to the morning, did you ever had a day that started off seemingly so well, and by the end of it you were off to Manhattan again to sell your crap, and contemplating stealing a withered red pepper to make a decent dinner with, as well as purchasing some rock? Well, now I have. I narrowly avoided breaking down in Midtown after being turned away from a temp assignment for being late, despite my best fucking efforts to get there by 10 AM - I took a car part of the way but thanks to BQE traffic, I had to get out and get on the train anyway. I ended the day with another interview prospect, but since I would actually be overdrawing my account to take that car, and I wasn't even getting paid, that little trip really...cost me. Thanks to the good people at the Strand and the $6 I got from Kim's (thanks guys, for not buying my brand new, unopened Troma box set) and $7 from Gamestop for 2 of jive turkey's games, I'm going to be fine. In as far as fine means about $20 for the foreseeable future, but hey. I did keep some cash out to legitimately purchase a pepper and some coconut milk so at least after all that I could make my sweet curry dinner. That I managed to eat while watching Fogi is a Bastard instead of drinking all the liquor in the apartment and contemplating how far I have fallen. Still, everything will be fine. Til then, I eat one meal a day and the cats get only dry food (we must all make sacrifices). Word.

1 comment:

Easy money said...

my heart goes out to you in your hour of need and # scarface beach towels for $15 SIGN ME UP