Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I kid. No, not really. Welcome.

So I decided to write a tiny bit about why we decided to add to Blogger's crowded roster. Why we inserted ourself into an already crowded format, like so many wannabe Carrie Bradshaws. I won' t lie, it's mostly for our own amusement. Besides, our aesthetic is more Brooklyn Industries (on sale) , and most of the time we're yelling about how we don't even have the $2 to get on the bus. Some of our conversations go something like this:

"Hey dude, can jive turkey borrow $20?"
"Why?"
"I dunno, to live with?"
"I only have $10."
"For how long?"
"Oh just til next week."
"Yeah, I just have $4. Til the end of this week. Or else I'd lend it to him"
"Fuck."

Like I said, to amuse ourselves.

So yesterday after I finished my Monday night grocery shopping (cat litter, a 12-pack of Stella, and hummus) and after my roomie returned home from his own fruitful mini-cupcake purchase,and we smoked a few bowls, we took the plunge.

A bit about us. Summer's ending and through various circumstances we spent all, or part of it without job. For now we have various forms of income that maybe aren't exactly on our desired career paths, so we're all in a weird little limbo like that. At least I am anyway. Personally, I'm one of those assholes who is all about the career. I was all about school, now it's all about career, so I had a fabulous job that I loved, and then my company closed. Them's the breaks. Since then I've been working some sort of weird at-home PR gig, that for now continues to pay me. And I'm also going to run out of places to interview soon it seems like. What the hell, media capital of the world? I struggle.

Anyway, welcome. To our little hovel. The place may be filthy, we may usually have single-digit checking account balances, yet somehow we always have beer in the fridge. Cheers.

And now...I was going to live-blog the phone convo with jive turkey as he was being stood up, but now his date has shown up. Bastard.

No comments: